WeatherSmarts forum – Community preparedness information February 21
#WeatherSmarts is part of ECH’s Centre of Resilience strategy to prepare our community for climate calamities such as extreme storms, bushfires, high winds and asthma thunderstorms which can create a serious disruption for us very quickly.
- Just how ready and adaptable are we?
- What do we need to know?
- What are our shared responsibilities when living in a high risk environment?
- What can we expect? Who is in charge?
- How will road closures affect us?
- Can I survive for 72hrs without power or services?
Test your perception about your readiness for disruptive weather and its consequences by attending an informative forum where you get to ask some questions of your own and improve your #WeatherSmarts.
Wednesday February 21st 2018
Emerald Community House
- I learned to leave earlier, watch the Vic Emergency app more vigilantly and attempt
to learn the predicted wind patterns.
- I will get a CFA assessment, an emergency box together, clear gutters, mow grass.
- WeatherSmarts should be run every 3-6 months. The more discussed, the more shared,
the more learned.
- We need more compulsory forums like WeatherSmarts so people can learn how they
can be self-sufficient and take responsibility